Sunday, January 22, 2006

Welcome to the Jingletown Oakland blog!


Welcome to the Jingletown Oakland blog!

This is a community blog and gathering place for anyone who is interested in Oakland, California's Jingletown Arts District. My name is Stacy Alexander and I'll be your host for the time being. I am a mixed media artist who lives here in the rapidly expanding Jingletown Arts District, one of the most exciting art districts in the San Francisco Bay Area. The purpose of this blog is to spread the word about Jingletown-related businesses, events and announcements as well as to inform the world about the thriving arts and diverse residential communities that exist here.

Please feel free to jump right in and discuss any topics that are pertinent to Jingletown.

I will be updating frequently with Jingletown news, photos, announcements and hopefully some pieces about Jingletown History and other subjects of interest. I welcome contributions, so please email me at: jingletown.arts@gmail.com with any suggestions that you might have.

1 comment:

danflytr said...

Where did all of you people come from? I moved to Tracy in 1994 but still worked at Lucasey's till the end of 1998! I didn't see any of you. I was also a craftsman who specialized in fishing equipment. It is nice to leave to see what happen to the old neighborhood. Culture from Americans. Is the rest of the neighborhood friendly with you? They were with me because they were the ones who moved in suddenly. May be I can get one of you to pass a word or so on too a friend who still lives there but doesn't have a telephone?